Senior Data Scientist - Luobu Product Analytics
Data Science & Analytics Jobs All Jobs
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
WHY DATA SCIENCE & ANALYTICS?
The Data Science & Analytics organization’s mission is to increase our speed, frequency and acumen of making decisions at scale by instilling a data-influenced approach to building products. We cover a wide area of the data spectrum including analytical data engineering, product analytics, experimentation, causal inference, statistical modeling and machine learning. Aligned and partnering with product verticals, we use this extensive tool belt to discover new opportunities and unmet use cases, influence and shape the product roadmap and prioritization, build data products and measure impact on our community of players and developers.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be a key participant in helping our product and engineering teams shape the future of Luobu. You’ll partner with data scientists, product managers, engineers and leaders across the company to better understand our players and builders, perform ad hoc analysis, create data pipelines and dashboards, define KPIs, build and apply models and design A/B experiments.
- A data scientist with 4+ years of relevant experience
- Passionate about data. You have the curiosity and self-drive to continuously learn new techniques and tools to extract value from data. You have a degree in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or other relevant field.
- A strong communicator. You understand that analysis must be presented in meaningful ways and engage in spirited discussions about the findings. You have the ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- A capable statistician. You understand the value of characterizing data by its distribution. Covariance, Bias, and Conditional Probability are concepts that you rely on every day.
- An expert transforming data with SQL and a scripting language such as Python or R. You’re experienced in automating efforts and crunching massive volumes of data.
- Experienced in developing models to draw insights from data. You use regression techniques, data mining, and other statistical techniques to create new, scalable solutions to solve difficult business problems. You understand when to apply the appropriate methodology to maximize impact in a pragmatic fashion.
- Work with a fast-paced multicultural team, across companies and time zones
- Build the foundations of a data science team in China in collaboration with US counterparts
- Have the opportunity to relocate to Luobu office in Shenzhen
- Establish foundational reporting and build data pipelines
- Perform ad hoc analysis based on needs from cross-functional teams
- Design and evaluate A/B experiments to determine success of product feature launches
- Accelerate product development through your understanding of the underlying data and your ability to partner with product and technical leaders to provide insights that drive growth and improve the product experience
- Grow your career with an amazing company
- 4+ years of industry experience or 4+ years of relevant academic and industry experience
- Proficiency in Mandarin to work with stakeholders in Shenzhen
- 1+ years working in Growth and/or Product
- 2+ years of experience using big data query/processing languages such as SQL, Hive or Spark to transform/manipulate very large datasets
- 2+ years of experience in one or more scripting languages such as Python or R
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Applied Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, Economics or other technical field
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Applied Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, Economics or other technical field
- 2+ years of industry experience in analytics focused on enhancing products and driving Growth
- Experience in working across continents and time zones
- Demonstrated ability to lead or build a team from scratch as an individual contributor
- Ability to communicate analytics results and data storytelling to influence product teams and leaders
- Creative thinker able to apply first-principles reasoning to solve complex problems
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar