Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
The Cache Infrastructure team ensures the availability of in-memory data services (including Redis and Memcached), caching content from the foundation storage platform. We run one of the largest distributed services in Roblox: The system serves millions of real-time concurrent users from multiple continents, and can reach hundreds of millions of RPS.
As a Engineering Manager, Storage Platform (Cache), you’ll lead the Cache Infrastructure team to define the roadmap and architecture of the next-gen distributed cache system spanning the global, work to improve the performance and reliability, and provide services and APIs to both Roblox engineers and Roblox developers.. If you are passionate about solving large distributed system problems and building world-class infrastructure to power the Roblox metaverse, come and join us!
- Experienced Engineering Manager, with at least 5+ years of managerial experience managing technical teams.
- A leader with a proven track record of strong people management skills and an ability to hire and grow a talented team of engineers.
- Able to contribute to architecture and implementation discussions across large distributed systems such as distributed database, in-memory storage etc. Experience with Redis/Memcached is a plus.
- Passionate about working on large scale storage platforms.
- Effective at driving projects and comfortable getting your hands dirty when needed.
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills and follow-through.
- Organized and analytical with the ability to track numerous separate threads to their appropriate resolution.
- Data-driven with an ability to deliver quality metrics and monitoring.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical field.
- Directly responsible for defining and implementing the cache infrastructure strategy that will power Roblox for the next five years
- Work with engineers and other leaders to improve our cache infrastructure, primarily in the areas of availability, performance, security, and developer experience.
- Own and deliver complex technical projects from the planning stage through execution.
- Provide guidance on architecture and design, and define processes for launching products and features.
- Provide mentoring to both junior and senior engineers in their progress on business and personal career goals.
- Develop and track key metrics for quality and team performance, drive improvement.
- Build consensus and alignment between product and feature teams on requirements, architecture decisions, and implementation details
- Resolve dependencies, schedules, and prioritization with an eye towards common and shared deliverables
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar