Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a C++ Core Software Engineer on our engine team, you will have an immediate impact on the building blocks of Roblox itself. The software you build is a very large application that empowers our global community of 2M+ developers to push the boundaries of interactive gaming. Your work will touch every part of the engine, from threading and memory management to physics and scripting. If you enjoy working on C++ software alongside experienced and passionate engineers, you will be right at home on our growing game engine team.
- Experienced: you have at least 3 years experience and you've worked on deep and challenging problems in complex C++ codebases
- Systems-level: pointers, templates, and raw blocks of memory are tools to write code, not your enemies
- Platform: you can jump with ease between Windows, OS X, Linux, Android, iOS, and other platforms
- Responsible: you build systems that work and keep on working reliably. You are in rigorous in handling potential failure cases, and diligent in automated testing.
- Curious: you want to learn, and stay up-to-date on technology developments
- Develop engine code that performs well for all user-created games on the Roblox platform
- Improve scripting, memory management, bootstrapping, and other fundamental layers of the Roblox engine
- Work on every application Roblox develops, from mobile phone clients to cloud-based servers\
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar