Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Lead Gameplay Engineer on the Roblox reference team you will work on groundbreaking experimental experiences to help guide our game engine development, as well as lead an extraordinary team of talented engineers. No matter the platform, be it mobile or desktop or VR or consoles, you will help enable our game developers to create engaging experiences with the Roblox community using industry leading algorithms and cutting-edge technology.
- A great mentor: Several years of management experience or equivalent. You take pride and accomplishment in lifting up members of your team to help them reach their full potential. You can help the team identify problems before anyone else sees them coming.
- Experienced or have transferrable skills: you've worked extensively in areas like game development, user interaction or related fields. Familiar with C++, Lua experience is a plus, as well client/server networking knowledge
- Experience focused: You care deeply about the experiences you build for players. You know details are important for engaging gameplay
- Foundation oriented: You believe that strong 3D math skills and a well thought out code architecture are important in developing a strong game or experience
- Resource-minded: You familiar with the challenges of working on constrained platforms like consoles or mobile devices
- Responsible: You are thorough in your designs, rigorous in handling potential failure cases, and diligent in automated testing
- Curious: You are keen to learn and grow. You stay informed about the latest developments in game design and technology. You spend your time tinkering on your own personal projects around these topics
- Lead a team of talented engineers to develop high-quality experiences never before seen on Roblox or any other platform
- Coordinate and manage task flow to ensure deliverables are met on time, and to identify workflow issues early on
- Develop and maintain code that is used as proof of concept for new types of experiences on Roblox
- Drive efforts to deepen the interactive experience on Roblox
- Work closely with our game developer community to help them achieve their creative vision
- Have fun learning about what makes Roblox an amazing platform and place to work, while contributing to industry leading technologies
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar