Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Senior Backend Web Engineer working on the Payments & Fraud team, you will be responsible for all things virtual economy at Roblox, from purchasing and selling virtual items to the real time bidding of advertising slots. The Payments & Fraud team maintains a virtual marketplace that handles over 4 million transactions a day. The team provides the infrastructure and statistics to empower developers to monetize their games, with our top developers earning millions of dollars each year.
- Experienced with a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent professional experience) in Computer Science or related engineering field with at least 5 years of hands-on experience.
- A Solid programmer with demonstrable skills with compiled languages such as C#, Java, C++, or others.
- Proven at scale: you’ve designed and implemented large-scale distributed microservices architectures and have experience with Memcached, Redis, or other caching technologies.
- Proficient with Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL or other database technology at scale.
- Practiced with noSQL technologies such as DynamoDB, MongoDB or others.
- Knowledgeable about search technologies such as Elasticsearch or Solr.
- Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, and monitored code.
- Have a direct impact on the future direction of the largest social platform for play, delivering groundbreaking solutions that will enable our development teams to localize Roblox for a global community of over 60 million monthly active players.
- Develop services by which our community of creators on the platform can internationalize their games, whether manually, crowdsourced, or automatically via machine translation.
- Build core internationalization and localization tools and infrastructure, which will be used by all engineering teams within Roblox.
- Design and build backend services to handle real-time machine translation of user communication.
- Serve as a tech lead for the team and mentor junior engineers.
- Play an active role in recruiting future talent for the team.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination.