Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Senior Backend Web Engineer working on the Payments & Fraud team, you will help build all things virtual economy at Roblox, from purchasing and selling virtual items to the real-time bidding of advertising slots. The Payments & Fraud team maintains a virtual marketplace that handles over 4 million transactions a day. The team provides the infrastructure and statistics to empower developers to monetize their games, with our top developers earning millions of dollars each year.
- A solid programmer with demonstrable skills with compiled languages such as C#, Java, C++, or others
- Someone who has designed and implemented large-scale distributed microservices architectures and have experience with Memcached, Redis, or other caching technologies
- Proficient with Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL or other database technology at scale
- Practiced with noSQL technologies such as DynamoDB, MongoDB or others
- Knowledgeable about search technologies such as Elasticsearch or Solr
- Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, and monitored code
- Experienced with a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent professional experience) in Computer Science or related engineering field with at least 5 years of hands-on experience
- Have direct impact on the future direction of the largest social platform for play, delivering groundbreaking solutions allowing our development teams to localize Roblox for a global community of over 60 million monthly active players
- Develop services by which our community of creators on the platform can internationalize their games, whether manually, crowdsourced, or automatically through machine translation
- Build core internationalization and localization tools and infrastructure, which will be used by all engineering teams within Roblox
- Develop backend services to handle real-time machine translation of user communication
- Be a tech lead for the team and mentor junior engineers
- Help recruit future talent for the team
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar