Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Senior Product Designer on Social at Roblox, you will be directly shaping how Roblox players socialize and participate in the metaverse. You have a passion for immersive and mindful cross-platform design, empowering the ability to connect anyone at any time from anywhere. You will be an important contributor in designing high-visibility product features such as the friending system, social connectivity, sharing mechanisms, user profiles, and social groups. You will report to the Senior Manager, Product Design.
- Experienced with 5+ years of professional experience as a product designer and a Bachelor's degree in HCI, Design, Ergonomics, or related fields
- A Leader who oversees design quality and cohesion across all product teams, and who actively engages other designers to help them grow
- Collaborative, sharing work early and often and encouraging peers to find constructive feedback from their manager, partners, teams, and the Product Design team
- Investigative and inquisitive about product goals from both a company's and user's perspective, promoting a learning culture both with in the Product Design team and the larger tech organization
- Creatively produce designs and new styles and patterns that are cohesive with the rest of Roblox's products
- Biased Towards Action and always expanding your skills by looking for new tools and techniques
- Create outstanding user experiences for a global audience through mindful flows, systematic layouts, and delightful interactions
- Manage end-to-end feature design with an ability to translate abstract ideas into viable product features
- Work with Product and Engineering partners to represent the design team, encourage design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels
- Collaborate closely with Design and Product leadership to determine your features and contribute to the direction of your product area
- Work extremely closely with Engineering to guarantee a high-quality implementation and user experience
- Work in close collaboration with Design leadership to improve design processes
- Interview new Product Designers and actively inform our inclusive design hiring process
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar