Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
As a Senior Backend Engineer with the Studio Team, you’ll have the independence, opportunity, and the end-to-end responsibility to build challenging, complex, mission critical services within the Roblox ecosystem.
The Studio empowers Roblox to be the best development platform for creating 3D social experiences in the world, enabling our creators to publish compelling content within the Roblox ecosystem. Our services enable live collaboration and game development in the cloud. They power one of the fastest growing User Generated Content marketplace in the world and drive a growing global player base of over 160M MAU. You will create and own mission critical services in this agile, fast growing team within the Roblox ecosystem.
You Belong on this team If:
- You are an engaged hands on engineer and you love what you do
- You enjoy working on globally distributed, loosely coupled systems that are mission critical to a Multi-Billion dollar business
- You are a collaborative team player more interested in getting to the best solution rather than providing the chosen solution
- You are able to communicate and discuss complex technical challenges simply and directly, while accepting input from others
- You are a quick learner who can adapt to fast moving requirements and adjust to changes without getting bogged down
- You firmly believe in Domain Driven Design and a Service-Oriented Architecture
- You are curious about emerging technologies and can quickly evaluate and adapt to new technologies
- You are self-guided and highly motivated to deliver top-tier solutions with minimal guidance
- 5+ years of experience in object-oriented programming
- Solid expertise in building highly scalable, distributed, loosely coupled systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of cloud computing platforms (AWS, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, Google Compute or App Engine, etc.)
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination