Data Science, Trust & Safety - User Behavior
San Mateo, CA
Data Science & Analytics Jobs All Jobs
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
WHY DATA SCIENCE & ANALYTICS?
The Data Science & Analytics organization's mission is to increase our speed, frequency and acumen of making decisions at scale by instilling a data-influenced approach to building products. We cover a wide area of the data spectrum including analytical data engineering, product analytics, experimentation, causal inference, statistical modeling and machine learning. Aligned and partnering with our product teams, we use this extensive tool belt to discover new opportunities and unmet use cases, influence and shape the product roadmap and prioritization, build data products and measure impact on our community of players and developers.
WHY TRUST & SAFETY?
The vast potential of diverse user generated content and experiences also presents unique challenges at scale to ensure the safety of our Roblox community. As a Data Scientist on the Trust and Safety team, you will play an essential part in driving the development of automation to help assess both trust and risk as it pertains to creator content and user behavior. Working with data scientists, product managers, engineers, and leaders across the company, you'll identify opportunities for high impact and create automated systems that work in collaboration with a human moderation workforce to identify and act on abusive content on the platform.
- Highly self-driven. You are perpetually curious and consistently work to improve your skills by learning the latest modeling techniques and data tools. You excel in environments with freedom and autonomy and are excited by the ambiguity that comes from exploring a new problem space.
- A strong communicator. You understand that analysis must be presented in meaningful ways and participate in spirited discussions about the findings. You can explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences and discuss appropriate tradeoffs.
- Motivated by impact. You find satisfaction in being able to point to direct contributions you've made to an organization. You recognize the inherent tradeoffs between further research/experimentation and productionization apply the appropriate methodology to maximize impact in a pragmatic fashion.
- An expert transforming data with SQL and a scripting language such as Python or R. You're experienced in automating efforts and crunching massive volumes of data in distributed systems using frameworks such as Spark, Hadoop or Flink.
- Experienced in developing models to draw insights from data and automate decisions. You can use machine learning and statistical techniques to model a variety of different types of data from time-series and sequential data to unstructured data like text and images. You are comfortable throughout different phases of data product development and can take a project from ideation to deployment.
- Accelerate product development through your understanding of the underlying data and your ability to partner with product and technical leaders to provide insights that lead to the safest experiences for Roblox's sizable user base.
- Develop modeling solutions to help understand user behavior on the platform and proactively identify unsafe content.
- Develop metrics and evaluate A/B experiments to determine the success of product feature launches.
- Partner with policy teams and use data-driven insights to help establish best practices to ensure safety and equity within Roblox.
- Report to the Senior Manager of the Trust & Safety Data Science Team
- 2+ year of industry experience in analytics
- 2+ years experience in scripting languages for DS like Python or R
- 6+ months of experience using big data query/processing languages and tools such as SQL, Hive, Spark and Airflow
- 2+ year experience with basic modeling frameworks such as statsmodels, scikit-learn, XGBoost, etc.
- Experience with SQL flavors for data querying
- Experience on Trust and Safety in other social platforms.
- 4+ years of prior industry experience in Product Analytics
- 2+ years of experience building putting DS/ML models into production
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar