Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Principal Software Engineer - App Experience, you will define how Roblox will have a beautiful, and platform-optimized human co experience for our millions of daily users. As a member of this important team, you will contribute meaningfully to the conception of the UX/UI framework that will be used by all product departments in the company. If you are a very experienced software engineer with attention to UI/UX details and is motivated by building a delightful and usable experience for your users, you'll be right at home within our experienced and growing app group.
- Experienced: You have 5 or more years of experience working on large-scale responsive consumer applications across multiple platforms. You hold a BS in Computer Science or above.
- Fascinated by UX (and UI): You love to build delightful user experiences for millions of users. It should not only feel right, but it has to look (pixel) perfect.
- Curious: You are excited to work on a new UI platform inspired by React and powered the Roblox game engine. Learning new languages and technologies is exciting to you...
- Test-motivated: TDD is exciting to you, not scary...
- Team-player: You work with and inspire others around you, taking on tasks for the greater team
- Architect the framework to empower our designer teams to fulfill their vision while allowing engineers on other product teams to be efficient.
- Work with Product and Design to ensure that your technical solution embodies the shared team vision.
- Use best programming practices, optimizing code to be performant
- Write unit and integration test
- Mentor more junior engineers and help them grow in their role.
- Take ownership of projects throughout its full lifecycle
- Work with numerous teams to help them while ensuring that the UI/UX is consistent.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar