Job Title: Senior Software Engineer - Social
Join an amazing team that’s building the future of play. Every month, over 160 million monthly active players come to Roblox to immerse themselves in any game or experience imaginable. Players can create the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today, more than 29 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all created by a talented community of 1.9 million creators.
As a Senior Software Engineer - Social, you will be crafting the foremost experience that millions of players engage with daily. You will enhance the way people play with friends and experience the metaverse. You will be writing code with an application-first mindset, and be empowered to create cutting-edge systems that solidify Roblox as the paragon of game creation destinations. If you are an expert at developing cutting edge user interfaces, have a passion for creating inspiring code, and are obsessed with presenting beautiful experiences you will be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing Social Group.
- Experienced: You have 2-5 years of experience working on large scale consumer applications and hold a BS in Computer Science or above.
- Fascinated by UX: You love to build delightful user experiences for millions of users.
- Curious: You are excited to work on a new UI platform inspired by React and powered the Roblox game engine. Learning new languages and technologies is exciting to you...
- Analytical: You love to understand how your users interact with your interface and use the findings to maximize their impact.
- Test-driven: TDD is exciting to you, not scary...
- Adaptable: You are able to shift focus and enjoy working outside your comfort zone
- Team-player: You work with and inspire others around you, taking on tasks for the greater team
- Build and ship best-in-class features used by hundred of millions of users
- Work closely with Product and Design to ensure the product embodies the shared vision
- Use best programming practices, optimizing code to be performant
- Write and maintain unit and integration test
- Self-organize and take ownership of projects throughout its full lifecycle
- Collaborate with numerous internal teams to build the world’s best applications
- Excellent benefits
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully-stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox - Powering Imagination