Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Senior Software Engineer - Social, you will create the foremost experience that millions of players engage with daily. You will enhance the way people play with friends and experience the metaverse. You will write code with an application-first mindset, and be empowered to create systems that solidify Roblox as the paragon of game creation destinations. If you are an expert at developing user interfaces, have a passion for creating inspiring code, and are passionate about presenting beautiful experiences you will be right at home within our experienced and growing Social Group. You will report to our Engineering Managers in the Social group. Our mission is to create the next generation of social experiences.
- Experienced: You have 2 or more years of experience working on large-scale consumer applications and hold a BS in Computer Science or above.
- Fascinated by UX: You love to build delightful user experiences for millions of users.
- Curious: You are excited to work on a new UI platform inspired by React and powered the Roblox game engine. Learning new languages and technologies is exciting to you...
- Test-motivated: TDD is exciting to you, not scary...
- Team-player: You work with and inspire others around you, taking on tasks for the greater team
- Build excellent features used by hundreds of millions of users
- Work with Product and Design to ensure the product embodies the shared vision
- Use best programming practices, optimizing code to be performant
- Write unit and integration test
- Take ownership of projects throughout its full lifecycle
- Work with numerous teams to build the world's best applications
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar