Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Senior Search Engineer you'll have the independence, opportunity, and the end-to-end responsibility for challenging, complex, important services within the Roblox ecosystem.
The Developer Marketplace Team empowers Roblox to be the best development platform for creating 3D social experiences, allowing our creators to publish compelling content within the Roblox ecosystem. This includes services around core game play, an analytics platform for our creators and products allowing our creators to communicate with their audiences. You will create and own essential services in this cross-discipline team within the Roblox ecosystem.
You will help us build:
- Analyze Search and document data using SQL, hive on Spark, S3, ElasticSearch.
- Good experience for query expansion/rewrite techniques such as synonyms, auto complete, spell correction, query optimization, query to query similarity.
- Experience with search ranking quality evaluation and experience with metric-driven search ranking tuning techniques.
- Understanding of Knowledge Graphs for document understanding and ranking is a huge plus.
- Experience with graph DB (Neo4j/ArangoDB/OrientDB ).
- Experienced working in an agile/scrum environment with focus on robust design, architecture, TDD, rapid experimentation, A/B testing and metrics.
- Accomplished programmer in one of these Java, Python and C#/C++
- Comfortable with big data frameworks such as map-reduce, spark, pig, hive
- Collaborative: You enjoy working with others.
- Be a Search & Discovery Champion: you have experience and experience in many search and discovery technologies, empowering you to understand the challenges of making discovery better by hypothesis, modeling, and experimentation.
- Help shape and build next-generation search and discovery for Social search such as people search , groups search, immersive worlds and other user-generated content like models.
- Ensure that our systems can scale to meet the demands of our Imagination Platform to ensure our players have a seamless experience anywhere in the world.
- Support our search and discovery infrastructure in production, sharing the on-call rotation with your team colleagues.
- 5+ years of experience building search systems and core ranking algorithms.
- Investigate user search queries and behavior, analyze win and loss patterns.
- Implement search ranking improvement experiments and make necessary system changes to support it.
- Experienced working with Elastic-search or similar search systems.
- Working knowledge of C#, Java, Python; Programming practice is intierative test-driven development on object-oriented principles.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar