Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
For three years running, we have been honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
As a Design Systems Lead at Roblox, you will shape our product design system, uiBlox. This role establishes the foundations of our product experiences and has oversight of all components and documentation that power our global design team, both for players and creators.
You’ll be a key contributor in establishing our design patterns and visual language by creating and maintaining UX frameworks. You’ll guide the vision for the system, foundations, and tools that empower our product designers and engineers to build high-quality, well-designed experiences.
You have a passion for cross-platform design and will advocate for the design system at the company level, telling the story of our team mission, and how to best collaborate with Design to build the best platform that makes it ridiculously easy for anyone, anywhere to enjoy and create quality experiences.
- Experienced: With 5+ years working directly on design systems on multiple surfaces (web, mobile, and desktop apps). You’ve worked closely with front-end developers who use CSS, HTML, C++ (Lua experience is a plus). You have experience working with web frameworks (React, iOS, Android, HTML, etc.).
- A Leader: You will be accountable for continually advancing quality and consistency across our system, and will take the lead to solve tough problems.
- A Manager: You have a successful track record of coaching and up-leveling your staff.
- Collaborative: You’ll share work early and often and encourage peers to seek out constructive feedback from their manager, stakeholders, teams, and the broader Product Design team. You assess design needs for projects and work with product managers to scope and refine projects.
- Technical: You have a solid understanding of core frontend/UI code concepts and can dive deeply into technical discussions.
- Self-Organized: You will use your time wisely to seek out the best way to solve issues with creative solutions.
- Data-Driven: You actively seek out data to inform your decisions and balance that against your own well-honed product instincts.
- Investigative: You’ll use product goals from both a company and user’s perspective, fostering a learning culture both within the Product team.
- Flexible: You can thrive in ambiguity and gather context when necessary.
- Innovative: You’re a problem-solver that uses existing frameworks to creatively produce solutions and, where appropriate, new styles and patterns that are cohesive with the rest of Roblox’s products.
- Detail-oriented: You have an eye for design and aesthetics. You are able to give feedback on pixels and how that touches code.
- Organized: Able to write detailed and user-friendly documentation and have a knack for organizing.
- Driven: You constantly expand your skill set by actively seeking out new tools and techniques.
- Cutting Edge: You are a Figma master with a firm understanding and experience with components, variants, auto-layout, etc. An interest in building custom Figma plugins.
- A teacher: You can distill and share your knowledge with the rest of the design team and help to educate cross-functional partners on the importance of design system work.
- Create and execute a strategy and plan to move our design system efforts to the next level, based on a deep understanding of the unique requirements, opportunities, and constraints here at Roblox
- Manage and build out a team of design systems specialists who will work on both player and creator-facing elements of the product
- Coach and grow your team, inspiring them and providing direction on strategy, tactics, and personal growth
- Build and maintain components for our design system using the latest industry-leading tools like Figma
- Define our designer to developer hand-off process
- Evolve and up-level our documentation site
- Unearth issues and propose good solutions that other engineers can easily implement
- Collaborate closely with Design and Product leadership to drive designs from concept to implementation
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure a high-quality implementation and user experience
- Work in close collaboration with Design leadership to inform and improve design processes
- Build tools, processes, and plugins and focus on how to constantly improve context and clarity throughout the organization
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar