Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Design Systems Lead at Roblox, you will shape our product design system, uiBlox. You will establish the foundations of our product experiences and have oversight of all components and documentation that power our global design team, both for players and creators.
You'll be an important contributor in establishing our design patterns and visual language by creating UX frameworks. You'll guide the vision for the system, foundations, and tools that empower our product designers and engineers to build high-quality, well-designed experiences. You will report to the Senior Manager, Design.
- Experienced: With 5+ years working directly on design systems on multiple surfaces (web, mobile, and desktop apps). You've worked with front-end developers who use CSS, HTML, C++. You have experience working with web frameworks (React, iOS, Android, and HTML).
- A Leader: You will oversee advancing quality and consistency across our system, and will take the lead to solve tough problems.
- Collaborative: You'll share work early and often and encourage peers to look for constructive feedback from their manager, partners, teams, and the broader Product Design team. You assess design needs for projects and work with product managers to scope and refine projects.
- Technical: You understand core frontend/UI code concepts and can dive into technical discussions.
- Data-Driven: You find data to inform your decisions and balance that against your well-honed product instincts.
- Investigative: You'll use product goals from both a company and user's perspective, promoting a learning culture both within the Product team.
- Create a strategy and plan to move our design system efforts to the next level, based on an understanding of the unique requirements, opportunities, and constraints here at Roblox
- Manage a team of design systems specialists who will work on both player and creator-facing elements of the product
- Coach and grow your team, inspiring them and providing direction on strategy, tactics, and personal growth
- Build components for our design system using the latest industry-leading tools like Figma
- Evolve and up-level our documentation site
- Unearth issues and propose good solutions that other engineers can easily implement
- Work with Engineering to guarantee a high-quality implementation and user experience
- Build tools, and plugins and focus on how to constantly improve context and clarity throughout the organization
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar