Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2019, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As a Senior Engineer for our database platform team, you will have an immediate impact on the core systems powering the experiences of our 165M+ monthly active users. You will have primary responsibility of driving large cross-functional or technically deep projects. If you enjoy working on cutting-edge software alongside highly-skilled and passionate engineers, you will be right at home on our rapidly-growing database platform team.
- An expert in SQL databases with minimum 5 years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server as a database engineer or similar role
- Have working experience in driving automation, self provisioning OLTP environments
- Enthusiastic about learning new database technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical field/relevant experience
- Support large SQL environments with high volume transaction OLTP systems.
- Configure and maintain database environments with specific focus on high availability, monitoring of system health and performance.
- Work with product owners in defining SLAs/SLOs to ensure high levels of performance and availability.
- Evaluate new generation globally distributed databases technologies, both SQL and NoSQL.
- Provide on-call support (on rotation basis)
- Work with other database engineers and SREs to drive automation
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rockstar status with our community