Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Principal Backend Engineer with the Universal Content Team, you will be responsible for designing and building our backend services to help game creators reach the broadest audience possible. You will be solving problems of scale, data processing and analysis, machine translation, machine learning, and harnessing the wisdom of the metaverse to automatically incorporate feedback from players back into the system to automatically enhance gameplay and interactions.
- An outstanding software engineer with 8+ years shipping high complexity code
- Experienced architecting, designing and leading implementation of a wide array of software products
- Experienced supporting important applications at scale
- Proficient in C#, Go, C++, Java, Python or similar programming languages
- Understanding of SQL and databases at scale
- Experienced with all layers of the stack - you have been an important contributor across the entire technology stack of previous projects
- Solve on a variety of unique technical challenges
- Have the independence, opportunity and the end-to-end responsibility to design, build and deploy services within the Roblox ecosystem
- Guide the future technical direction of the team and have impact on engineering
- Be a technical bar-raiser for high code quality, architectural designs, and long-term approaches
- Develop fellow engineers on the team
- Design systems and services that are scalable and resilient
- Collaborate and with passionate Engineers, Product Managers and other Roblox team members.
Equal employment opportunity statement below:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar