Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
At Roblox, the Studio RIDE team focuses on millions of game developers on our platform. Our mission is to power rapid development by providing coders with an integrated editing and debugging environment.
You have a passion for helping development teams move faster. You are well versed in all things DevOps, and have a passion to help teams embrace Continuous Integration and Deployment. Your daily work environment involves common source tools (ex: Perforce, GitHub), and common build tools (ex: TeamCity, Artifactory).
You will be a significant contributor to the Studio team responsible for building the tools and infrastructure to allow production teams to test and ship reliable features. You will help create the standard for DevOps within the Studio Developer engineering community.
- Experienced, 5+ years' build engineering TeamCity or equivalent. Experience with DevOps Chef is a plus.
- Hands-on with software development using Lua and Python. Workflow automation and experience with online and mobile gaming is ideal but not expected.
- Proficient in mobile app store developer portals, package and library management systems, version control systems, UNIX systems administration and CLI, or UNIX scripting languages.
- An automation advocate: you're passionate about finding ways to help speed up development processes.
- Up-to-speed on all things Continuous: Continuous Integration isn't the only development practice in your wheelhouse; you also know the difference between Continuous Deployment and Continuous Delivery, and you understand the value of test automation.
- Ambitious: you boldly go where no one has gone before; while some may not be technologies you've programmed previously, you're keen to learn.
- Adaptable: you can adjust to new challenges and experimentation
- Develop and support CI/CD solutions to meet the high-level requirements of our engineering teams.
- Improve testing pipeline and infrastructure.
- Identify essential problems and prevent them from reoccurring with root cause analysis and automation.
- Create, influence, and improve our development platform, infrastructure, standards, and methods to ensure we can achieve scalability and high availability.
- Develop and share best practices with our development teams to improve automation and efficiency.
- Work with a global team of engineering leaders who are building groundbreaking technology to achieve user-generated content across multiple platforms.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar