Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As Senior 3D Generalist for the Social Team, you will work with a team of accomplished 3D artists, designers and engineers to help manage the production of the next generation of social experiences. As part of this, you will help create environment assets, assist with character needs, and handle content from our outsource staff. You will also have opportunities to highlight opportunities in the engine, and ways we can make the platform more immersive and more engaging for our end-users.
- A 3D Production Generalist with a BFA or equivalent and 8+ years of experience in the game industry
- Proficient with modeling within common 3D applications (Maya, Max, Blender is a plus) and industry standards for the character production pipeline in games
- A leader with experience providing and communicating vision and critiques to contractors involved in asset production
- Accurate and precise with complex instructions, but also able to identify opportunities for improvement and efficiency in production
- Game industry animation experience is definitely a plus
- Knowledgeable of various industry standard engines (Unreal, Unity, etc), experience with proprietary engines is a plus.
- Work with Design and Engineering to help plan and build the next generation of large-scale social experiences.
- Push the limits of the current state of our engine and use new technologies as they become available.
- Help manage environment, character, and animation assets from our external partners to make sure they have the highest quality and then integrate them into a realized experience.
- Help create the environments for these experiences using both the content from external partners and those you and the team create.
- Respond to feedback from leaders on the experience, including performance improvement and directional changes.
- Communicate with engineering and product staff to help improve our current pipeline and developer quality of life in making similar experiences.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar