Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, 2019 and 2020, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today - distributed systems, real-time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
The Traffic group within Roblox’s Network Infrastructure team designs and develops networking software to make Roblox faster for users around the world. We are looking for a Traffic Engineer to help build, and manage our production systems:
- Edge networks
- Global load balancing
- Protocol acceleration for TCP, HTTP, and TLS
- Real User Measurement (RUM) and improvement of user-to-Roblox network latency
- Server load balancing within Roblox's datacenters
- BA/BS degree in a relevant engineering field or with at least 5 years of equivalent experience
- Experience with Linux systems and shells, daemons, and processes
- Experience programming with languages like Python or Go
- Experience with distributed systems in a production operations environment
- Experience working with large scale Internet infrastructure
- Self-organized and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge of TCP, HTTP, DNS and SSL protocols
- Systems configuration management experience with automation tools
- Own the load-balancer and proxy infrastructure
- Develop and execute on the traffic strategy
- Build automated management for globally distributed software network services
- Design and develop monitoring and visualization software
- Improve quality and performance of our user experience
- Contribute to the planning and development of proxies to scale-out RakNet/UDP game communication
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination