Studio Marketplace - Software Engineer (Fullstack)
San Mateo, CA
Engineering Jobs All Jobs
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Full Stack Engineer for Studio, you will be building tools to accelerate the development process for millions of engineers. Roblox Studio allows everyone from children who have never written a line of code to experts to express themselves through game development and create experiences that are instantly available to countless players around the world. You will use your own experience as an engineer to help them.
- 5+ years of experience working on consumer applications
- Technical expertise in any one of the following- C++ / C# / Lua
- Expert in your domain: a commanding grasp of what it takes to build performant user flows and have experience working with component-based front-end libraries and frameworks
- Eager to learn: Ready to master new frameworks, languages, and skills
- Engineer at heart: confident with your CS fundamentals and know how to write clean effective code
- Analytical: you value using metrics and logging to analyze features and user patterns
- Test-driven: you understand the importance of tests and write and maintain unit and integration test
- Concerned with code quality: You care about writing code that others will be able to easily reuse, read, and modify for years to come
- Team-player: you work with and inspire others around you, taking on tasks for the greater team
- Build and ship best-in-class features used by millions of users
- Work closely with Product and Design to ensure the product embodies the shared vision
- Use best programming practices, optimizing code to be performant
- Write and maintain unit and integration test
- Take ownership and self-organize on projects throughout its full lifecycle
- Collaborate across internal teams to create the world’s best development tools
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar