Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2021, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
WHY THE ASSESSMENT TOOLS TEAM?
The Assessment Tools team at Roblox supports scaling the process of hiring the best talent from around the world. Our team works to deliver a wide range of insights and solutions for Roblox, from developing hiring assessments, to conducting job analysis and qualitative research, to architecting data analytics systems and tools. Our work is key to organizational operations at Roblox. The Talent Management Specialist will join a group of scientists who are focused on collecting and using qualitative and quantitative data to drive decisions and to design and support Roblox’s approach to leadership, people development, and organizational design and culture.
- Work with a multidisciplinary team of scientists, software engineers, game designers, and data scientists to implement science-based and data-driven solutions across the entire range of recruiting and human resources challenges.
- Provide expert advice and guidance to teams and leaders on talent management, organizational development, and employee engagement strategies.
- Lead efforts to develop competency or skill frameworks to define requirements for a job role or family of job roles.
- Help develop valid selection tools and measures (e.g., structured interviews, work samples, game-based assessments).
- Contribute to the development and operation of the employee engagement survey process, including survey design and deployment, analysis and recommendations for improvement.
- A background in the application of industrial-organizational psychology principles to improve the workplace.
- Experience conducting job analysis to better understand what makes someone successful in a job
- Experience developing tools to evaluate job candidates.
- Experience in talent and performance management, and collaborating with teams to make recommendations.
- Curiosity and self-drive to continuously learn new techniques and tools to improve the organization.
- A passion for using data to help make informed decisions and drive strategy.
- A strong ability to communicate and understand that analysis must be presented in meaningful ways and engage in spirited discussions about the findings. You have the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences and discuss appropriate tradeoffs.
- The ability to be flexible and quickly adapt in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Psychology or related field.
- 2+ years of industry experience in talent management, performance measurement, and/or organizational development.
- Master’s degree in Industrial-Organizational Psychology,Cognitive Psychology, Organizational Development, or related field.
- Understanding of organizational design and effectiveness methodologies, with an ability to translate them into actionable solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of job analysis, competency modeling, and career mapping.
- Experience with the design and implementation of selection programs.
- An understanding of testing principles and how quality assessments are developed and validated.
- Ability to communicate analytics results and data storytelling to influence teams and leaders.