Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Roblox game engine team you will use your expertise in video software architecture to design scalable infrastructure solutions for transcoding, hosting, and streaming video across the Roblox platform. You will delight our millions of users and developers across the globe by giving them the ability to easily view, share, and create Video on Demand and Live Media content at scale. We have a bold vision of the future in which users of our platform can attend concerts, classes and conferences, watch movies, and chat over video with groups of their friends. Help us make this possible!
- Passionate: You love video, codecs, streaming, networking protocols, and scalable systems.
- Experienced: You have at least 5 years of hands-on experience building scalable video streaming systems.
- Responsible: You build systems that work and keep on working reliably. You are thorough in your designs, rigorous in handling potential failure cases, and diligent in automated testing.
- Curious: You want to learn and grow. You stay informed about the latest developments in video streaming and media technologies.
- Develop server-side solutions for transcoding, hosting and streaming video
- Tune and optimize transcoding for the greatest efficiency, least cost, and highest quality
- Work with client engineers to ensure video playback under adverse conditions and on all platforms
- Work with backend teams responsible for our server infrastructure and APIs
- Find out how Roblox is special and how you can harness that to deliver thoughtful environments using industry-leading techniques across all platforms
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar