Senior Principal Product Designer - Developer
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
For three years running, we have been honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As a Sr/Principal Product Designer supporting the Developer group, you’ll play a critical role in leading design and vision across different product verticals within a highly technical space that defines experiences for our platform of developer tools and services. Most importantly, you’ll make an impact that sparks imagination and enables creativity in the minds of users around the world at a time of incredible growth for our business.
You are a strong design leader with knowledge in developer environments, services and productivity tooling, including existing and emerging technologies. You're well versed in the product development cycle, have a solid user centered and product design process, and have a diverse and extensive portfolio of work from large scale products to incubation projects. You bring creativity to problem-solving solutions, can articulate a strong design point-of-view, and inspire a team of designers with deep and diverse design skills. Most importantly, you'll take lead in helping shape and define how the organization gets things done, be a driver of change, open to new possibilities, and a great culture fit.
- Experienced with 7+ years of professional work experience as a UX or product designer with a Bachelor’s degree in HCI, Interaction Design, Ergonomics, or equivalent work experience
- Practiced in designing for highly technical domains, such as productivity tools, developer tools or designing for large-scale platforms, and complex software applications
- A Leader that has the ability to drive design discussions and proactively provide insight and guidance
- Collaborative and must excel in communicating with engineers, product managers and executives
- Well versed in the development lifecycle, can navigate complex engineering environments and identify dependencies across feature areas
- Self-Organized and does research to inform solutions and product improvements with minimal guidance or direction
- A Problem Solver who possess a highly-tuned thought process that yields creative solutions to big challenges
- Investigative and someone who understands user behavior by utilizing standard user research methodologies, persona formation and usability testing
- Flexible with the ability to work on multiple projects in parallel while maintaining a high bar for quality
- Innovative with the ability to consistently push design standards to a higher level
- Detail-oriented with the ability to provide precise solutions at every step of the process
- Driven and is constantly building upon expertise with various tools, platforms and methodologies
- Create world-class user experiences for our developer platform of tools and services through pixel-perfect layouts, styling, and interactions
- Own end-to-end product design by defining, developing and documenting UX requirements
- Define strategy and vision that informs the product planning and roadmap
- Deliver detailed wireframes, user flows, mockups and prototypes
- Build UX expertise across desktop, mobile and console products
- Enforce consistent user experience and drive alignment across product verticals
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rockstar status with our community