Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Product Design Manager supporting our Developer group, you'll help lead design and strategy across different products within a technical space that defines experiences for our platform of developer tools and services. You will oversee end-to-end design processes for our Core Studio application framework and Developer tools working collaboratively with designers, product managers, and developers to determine new workflows and tooling in our app, and improve existing ones.
You'll manage resources across product teams and diverse design efforts such as visual and design systems and partner with product group leaders to determine strategy.
You'll help determine UX strategy, future vision, goals, success metrics, roadmap, and sprint commitments. Promoting a device-agnostic, to creating our customer experiences.
Lastly, you'll lead projects and designing features, creating experiences for our developers that enables them to create what ever the heart and mind imagines. Using your management experience, you'll guide the team to create and refine workflows and patterns for our developer platform of tools and services to make our product experience delightful to use. As a manager, you'll eagerly seek and give help and transparency tops your list of values. You will report to Senior Manager, Product Design.
- Experienced with 7+ years of professional work experience in a design management capacity with a Bachelor's degree in HCI, Interaction Design, Ergonomics, or equivalent work experience
- Practiced in designing for technical domains, such as productivity tools, developer tools or designing for large-scale platforms, and complex software applications
- A Manager who will grow a team of product designers by setting crisp goals, evolving our design practice, building team culture, and a leader who guides the team to best possible solution
- A Leader who enjoys collaboration, and works to improve the people, product, and process on your team and beyond.
- Collaborative and must excel in communicating with engineers, product managers and executives
- An Expert who will use your leadership methodologies, and design skills to bring a user-centered point of view to growth and consumer-focused plans.
- Collaborative and excited about building relationships with other teams in the company, including Engineering, Marketing, and Product Management
- Use our design system to provide a rich app experience.
- Work with the development side and craft technically mindful experiences.
- Apply existing experience and interaction patterns, also developing new ones based on user needs.
- Work with Design and Product leadership to establish your features and contribute to the direction of your product area.
- Create user flows and patterns in the app experience to make our products delightful to our users, and clear to our development team.
- Work extremely with Engineering to guarantee a high-quality and user experience.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar