Infosec has critical responsibilities at Roblox: Engineering and designing secure systems from inception to operationalization; setting policies and process; training peer engineering teams in secure methods and ways. The AppSec Lead will play a formative role in maturing InfoSec’s Application Security function in Roblox Security, helping to manage programs like: Product Security; H1 Bug Bounty Responsible Disclosure Program, CI/CD secure tooling, DevSecOps principles integration, secure design reviews including OWASP guidance, vulnerability management penetration testing, threat modeling, Purple Team engagements, security Incident Response. The AppSec Lead also may engage with subject matter expert work in the same domains, mentor the team, and develop metrics.
The AppSec Lead should also have excellent collaboration and communication skills. The Security teams partner closely with each other, and also must engage technical partners all across the org and at all levels to achieve good solutions among competing demands. This requires subject matter depth, business maturity and acumen, and ability to relate to other departments’ needs.
As an early InfoSec Engineer, you will have the opportunity to be an innovator and foundational member on the InfoSec team at Roblox. We are looking for smart people who work well with others who want to apply their passion for protecting communities to grow a leading-edge security program. Come join us in building the best trusted all-ages gaming and exchange platform.
- Manage and mentor the Application Security team
- Bug Bounty issue evaluation and recommendations
- Assist with Product Security guidance and process
- Assist with CI/CD and other security tools support
- Risk guidance and remediations for vulnerability management
- Familiarity with penetration testing and threat modeling
- Security education and training - preparation of materials and communication through diverse parts of the org. Contribution to security awareness programming.
- InfoSec On-Call Rotation
- Working knowledge in at least two programming languages such as C#/.Net, C++, Java, Python, or Lua, with proficiency in at least one
- Knowledge of cryptography, PKI, TLS as well as practical implementation of the same
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycles, with knowledge of how product security may integrate with it
- BA/BS degree in a relevant engineering field or equivalent practical experience
- Self-organized and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience operationalizing and communicating security best practices within a large-scale Internet environment
- Familiarity with network and server hardware
- Familiarity with various operating systems
- Level Depending On Experience
Nice To Have
- Familiarity with OWASP testing methodology
- Experience with databases
- Experience with *nix systems and shells, daemons, and processes
- Experience with containers (Docker, Windows Server), and specifically container security
- Experience with AWS security (IAM, EC2, VPC, S3, etc..) and cloud best practices
- Experience with Hashistack and/or Kubernetes
- Experience with some compliance reporting, especially in PCI and ITGC. Familiarity with Privacy (GDPR, CA AB-375, and COPPA) a plus
- Relevant certifications, i.e. OWASP, CSSLP, CEH CISSP, GSEC, GIAC, CISM, Stanford Advanced Security Certificate Program, etc.
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously and strives for joy in their work. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment where you’ll join forces with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. At Roblox, play rules and the possibilities are endless.