Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Computer Graphics Software Engineer on our Avatar Emotion team, you will work on projects that allow for our users to project their digital selves into the Metaverse. You will help us create tools to customize faces and facial expressions within Roblox. Powered by deep learning, computer vision and visual effects, you will help us build a new era of immersive experiences through the creation, animation and sharing of personalized, 3D avatars.
- Experienced with OpenGL (both core and ES) and more advanced realtime rendering techniques
- Knowledgeable of scene-graphs and integrations with a rendering pipeline
- Knowledgeable of common animation constructs and skills such as skinning, texturing, and keyframe animation, including file formats and conversion
- Experienced in C++ programming skills and object-oriented design
- Able to write organized, efficient, readable and reusable code
- Experienced in OSX, iOS, and Android
- Excellent with communication and collaboration
- 5+ years of industry experience in writing tools or engines for games or VFX
- 3D application development experience
- Experience with WebGL or other web-based 3D frameworks
- Advanced shader design (environment lighting and shadow) experience
- Experience programming in Unity or Unreal engine
- Led feature development from concept definition to shipping product
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar