Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
The People Team at Roblox focuses on creating a sustained competitive advantage by evolving what we do in the people space (culture, leadership practices, organization, programs, etc.) into a thoughtful, integrated, low-friction “people operating system”. We want to inspire people at Roblox to confidently take on challenging problems and allow them to push the envelope while providing what is needed to accelerate their development.
We take a strong quantitative and analytical stance on building and optimizing this operating system. The HRBP Director will join a group of HRBPs who are focused on making that vision a reality. The role will partner with a group of senior leaders and their organizations supporting and evolving Roblox’s unique approach to leadership, people development, and organizational design and culture.
This is an IC role. Nevertheless, as we are growing aggressively as a company, we are looking for people who can step into leadership roles and have a proven track record in building high performing teams.
- Establish yourself as a competent, knowledgeable, trusted, reliable partner for the leaders and employees of your client organization.
- Work closely with leaders across the company to understand and conceptualize their specific business, organizational and people situation.
- Based on that you will support them with insights and recommendations in the people space using an analytical and fact-based approach.
- Plan, drive, execute and monitor the effectiveness of these solutions.
- Assume shared responsibility for the organizational and cultural health of your client groups and the effectiveness of its leadership team(s).
- Collaboratively partner with other functions and teams like Finance, Communications, IT, Facilities to provide integrated solutions to your clients.
- This role reports to the VP Head of People and will be part of the people leadership team.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- 5 years of experience as an HRBP or similar role.
- You are a team player, low-ego and highly collaborative. You get energized by engaging with people, helping them grow and see them thrive.
- Emotional intelligence, ability to work well in a fast-paced, iterative environment, open to changes in focus and direction.
- You can quickly establish rapport with different personalities and build and refine trusting and open partnerships with leaders and people across an organization.
- You are able to credibly consult (listen, understand, influence) with people at all levels (including senior leadership) in a quantitative, no-BS environment.
- Proven record of building, leading and engaging a diverse, high performing team.
- You are a strongly structured problem solver. If you like to conceptualize problem spaces as systems and are a “model thinker” that’ll be an advantage.
- You have good analytical and quantitative skills, are comfortable using data and analytics to solve problems or substantiate your suggestions. Some statistics say standard deviations, correlations, etc. is an advantage.
- Broad knowledge and hands-on experience with organizational design and development is a plus.
- Experience with leadership effectiveness, dynamics of the leadership team and coaching leaders is a plus.
- Good understanding of fundamental business and financial concepts and a history of effectively collaborating with Finance teams.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar