Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As an Engineering Manager, App Experience, you'll be in charge of ensuring the user experience is seamless for all the parts of the Roblox app on all our platforms. As an important part of our client development you will work very with our designers and all our product vertical teams (avatar, social, economy, search and discovery, …). If you are an experienced technical leader with attention to UI/UX details and is motivated by building the perfect experience for your users, you'll be right at home within our experienced and growing app group.
- Battle ready: You have 2+ years of management experience, already managed 5+ engineers, built engineering teams from scratch and want to do it again.
- Experienced: You have 5+ years of experience building critically acclaimed consumer applications that impact millions of users' lives. You own a BS in Computer Science, Masters and PhDs are a definite plus.
- Detail Oriented: You not only love to build pixel perfect applications but you also enjoy promoting designers by applying your technical knowledge to help build their vision. You always succeed to build a seamless user experience...
- Creative: You take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard people and technical problems.
- Build the app experience team and lead them while they empower our designer teams to fulfill their vision.
- Mentor engineers and team leads to make sure your team expertise grows over time.
- Work with your product partners to establish the roadmap and lead the project execution.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams, product and design to enforce a flawless user experience and build the tools necessary to support the effort.
- Ensure the experience matches the user expectation for current platforms (Xbox, Desktop, Mobile and Tablet) and establish how the experience is for upcoming ones.
- Be guided by our company vision to put the Roblox community first and represent us through expertise.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar