Data Scientist - International Growth
San Mateo, CA
Data Science & Analytics Jobs All Jobs
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2021, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
WHY DATA SCIENCE & ANALYTICS?
The Data Science & Analytics organization’s mission is to increase our speed, frequency and acumen of making decisions at scale by instilling a data-influenced approach to building products. We cover a wide area of the data spectrum including analytical data engineering, product analytics, experimentation, causal inference, statistical modeling and machine learning. Aligned and partnering with product verticals, we use this extensive tool belt to discover new opportunities and unmet use cases, influence and shape the product roadmap and prioritization, build data products and measure impact on our community of players and developers.
WHY INTERNATIONAL GROWTH?
As a Data Scientist, you will be a key participant in helping our product and engineering teams shape the future of Roblox. You’ll partner with data scientists, product managers, engineers and leaders across the company to better understand our players and builders, performing ad hoc analysis, creating dashboards, defining KPIs, applying models and designing A/B experiments.
- Passionate about data. You have the curiosity and self-drive to continuously learn new techniques and tools to extract value from data. You have a degree in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or other relevant field.
- A strong communicator. You understand that analysis must be presented in meaningful ways and engage in spirited discussions about the findings. You have the ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- A capable statistician. You understand the value of characterizing data by its distribution. Covariance, Bias, and Conditional Probability are concepts that you rely on every day.
- An expert transforming data with SQL and a scripting language such as Python or R. You’re experienced in automating efforts and crunching massive volumes of data.
- Experienced in developing models to draw insights from data. You use regression techniques, data mining, and other statistical techniques to create new, scalable solutions to solve difficult business problems. You understand when to apply the appropriate methodology to maximize impact in a pragmatic fashion.
- Drive International strategy and insights for Roblox
- Understand how Roblox performs in various markets and identify key opportunities
- Establish Growth Accounting best practices
- Design and evaluate A/B experiments to determine success of product feature launches
- Accelerate product development through your understanding of the underlying data and your ability to partner with product and technical leaders to provide insights that drive growth and improve the product experience.
- Build statistical, data mining, and machine learning models
- Establish foundational reporting
- Grow your career with an amazing company
- 4+ years of industry experience or 2 years of academic experience in analytics
- 1+ years of experience in statistical modeling and machine learning
- 1+ years working in Growth and/or Product
- 2+ years of experience using big data query/processing languages such as SQL, Hive or Spark to transform/manipulate very large datasets
- 2+ years of experience in one or more scripting languages such as Python or R
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Applied Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, Economics or other technical field
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Applied Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, Economics or other technical field
- 2+ years of industry experience in analytics focused on enhancing products and driving Growth
- 2+ years of experience in fast-paced environment or fast growing company, such as the tech sector
- Demonstrated ability to lead or build a team from scratch as an individual contributor
- Experience working with content platforms, particularly user-generated content
- Ability to communicate analytics results and data storytelling to influence product teams and leaders
- Creative thinker able to apply first-principles reasoning to solve complex problems
Roblox - Powering Imagination