Director, Business Development (Licensing)
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2019 & 2020, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
With millions of creators worldwide, Roblox is creating the future of play. Fundamental to that future are the powerful creation tools that enable our developers to create amazing, transformational 3D experiences. We see the future of creation happening completely in the cloud with integrated collaboration and content sharing/reuse forming the foundation. Our Studio product, and the extensive platform APIs we provide, have enabled a community of millions of developers to create compelling content, and we’re building from that starting point.
About This Opportunity
The Director, Business Development (Licensing) will report to the SVP of Business Development. This position’s key focus will be to grow and maintain licensing partnerships for Roblox. The Director should be extremely detail oriented and demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the licensing industry, as well as marketing and retail. This person will help lead the Roblox Licensing Business Development team to support the Licensing business with the goal of building licensee relationships and exploring new licensing categories with a special focus on operational, marketing, and retail initiatives.
- Work with SVP of Business Development to manage and grow key partnerships with licensing partners and retailers
- Be a key communicator and a point of contact for multiple internal and external teams, coordinating various feedback needed to keep things moving forward
- Track all aspects of the partnership, and proactively stay ahead of what needs to happen in order to execute flawlessly and on time
- Consult on project strategy based on industry and company knowledge
- Analyze and adapt new strategies to react to changing business trends and legal requirements
- Develop and preserve a strong business relationship with licensing partners and key retailers
- Organize and lead regular meetings acting as a consultant between external and internal contacts
- Work with the Licensing team to manage the overall licensing business in order to ensure all products meet top quality standards and brand consistency.
- BA/BS and 12+ years experience managing partnerships with a minimum of 5 years of direct experience working in various licensing categories (e.g. toys, books, apparel, video game accessories, etc.). A demonstrated strong partner manager who is highly skilled in building relationships with creativity, empathy, persuasiveness, and a good sense of humor
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service oriented
- Extreme attention to detail with excellent time and project management abilities and stellar follow through
- Super organized and a multi-tasker with the ability to manage the needs of multiple partners and projects simultaneously
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills to determine the best path forward in an environment where multiple solutions are possible
- Ability to think strategically, but also willing to dig in and roll up sleeves with a flexible and can-do attitude
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software
- Experience managing, mentoring and growing a business development team
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination