Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
We are honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work® since 2018. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
We are searching for a self-motivated individual who is passionate about Roblox and lives for aural excellence. As a Sound Designer, you will be adding sound design to a set of environments--both test and production--and work directly with our AV and product teams to provide feedback about Roblox’s sound design capabilities.
Join our mission to level up Roblox’s audio capabilities!
- Familiar with the Roblox platform our Studio and authoring for Roblox
- Have taken at least one non-Roblox game to completion with a major soundscape
- Experience with sound design tools like FMOD or Wwise
- Able to work remotely
- Can speak and write English fluently
- Can work on average 20 hours per week, but be able to work more hours if needed
- Able to join meetings between 9-5PM PST as needed
- Able to work for the duration of the contract (6 months)
- Work with multiple internal teams to create or source sounds, add them to various projects with any needed sound design interactions, and iterate as-needed
- Work with our product and engineering teams to test and push the limits of prototype sound-related tools and give feedback around areas of improvement
Roblox – Powering Imagination