Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
Roblox is seeking an experienced and passionate Engineering Manager to manage a team of talented senior engineers building cutting edge avatar technology that will propel the user experience and quality of characters in games to the next level. The team's responsibilities are to support player growth through highly customizable range of avatars from classic Roblox blocky to high fidelity avatars. In this role, you would be required to find a structured way to take ambiguous and often ambitious projects to production through a balanced approach between research and development. It is essential to be involved with product decisions and work with product managers to create actionable roadmaps. As an Engineering Manager you will be responsible for establishing a collaborative work environment that fosters a high degree of craftsmanship and personal growth. You should be able to design, communicate and implement reliable, scalable and extensible software applications across a varied stack.
- A leader with a proven track record of strong people management skills and an ability to hire and grow a talented team of engineers
- Experienced, with 5+ years in an engineering management role and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical field
- Must have extensive knowledge of 3D graphics and animation techniques
- Experienced with Avatar or Character animation systems and are up-to-date on industry trends in this space
- Able to contribute to architecture and implementation discussions across platforms (PC, Mac, iOS, Android, Console)
- Adept at distilling clarity from ambiguity to mitigate product risks on cutting edge technologies
- Bullish on automated tests, documentation and rigorous test plans and builds processes to ensure we are improving continuously.
- Effective at driving projects and comfortable getting your hands dirty when needed
- Passionate about working on large scale, consumer facing mobile applications
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills and follow-through
- Organized and analytical with the ability to track numerous separate threads to their appropriate resolution
- Data driven with an ability to deliver quality metrics and monitoring
- Lead application engineering teams by coordinating with product managers, tech leads, and individual contributors
- Own and deliver complex technical projects from the planning stage through execution
- Provide guidance on architecture and design, and define processes for launching products and features
- Define, develop, and implement engineering best practices and strategies
- Provide mentoring to both junior and senior engineers in their progress on business and personal career goals
- Develop and track key metrics for quality and team performance, drive their improvement over time, and communicate their status
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar