Principal ML Software Engineer - Game Engine Security
San Mateo, CA
Game Engine Jobs All Jobs
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Principal Machine Learning Engineer on the Game Engine Security Team, you will work with us to maximize the creativity of user-generated games and develop machine learning models to build a safe and secure gaming environment for Roblox users, no matter whether the target platform is mobile, desktop, console or VR. If you are an expert software engineer who is passionate and experienced about developing ml technologies to focus on complex engineering challenges; such as protecting Roblox from malicious users/attackers, identifying and classifying bad behaviors, preventing exploiters then you'll be right at home within our experienced and growing Game Engine team. You will report to our Engineering Manager for Game Engine Security.
- Develop scalable security tools to use machine learning and rules-based models for exploit and bot detection
- Partner with our data scientists and engineers to identify and collect the requirements and create feature roadmaps
- Detect and track user behavior to detect malicious activity and stop exploiters
- Integrate APIs / services for detecting statistical anomalies in gameplay
- Work with us to use deep learning to improve Roblox software anti-tampering resistance
- Code in tandem with the Roblox game engine engineering team
- Take ownership of the ML security projects throughout its full lifecycle, with opportunities to help build a team that does the same.
- Sc., MS or Ph.d in computer science, engineering, mathematics, machine learning or a related field.
- Experience in deep learning, classifiers, clustering algorithms and anomaly detection
- 5+ years of experience in machine learning based systems
- Programming skills with professional experience in C++
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, PHP, and shell scripts
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar