Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
We are honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work® since 2018. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As an Engineering Manager for Roblox's audio team, you will lead a team of top-notch audio software engineers as we make the Roblox game audio engine an industry leader for innovative features, usability, and expressiveness. You will harness the creativity of user-generated games and apply industry-leading algorithms and methods to envelop the player in something that’s amazing, no matter the target platform: mobile, desktop, console or VR. If you want to leapfrog the state of the art in game audio engines and help build and lead the team that delivers interactive audio for the next ten years, you'll be right at home within our highly skilled and rapidly growing audio team.
- A strong coach: Several years of management experience with an empathetic ear and ability to identify and solve small problems before they become big ones
- Experienced with audio: You understand digital signal processing, human hearing, physical modeling, and ad-hoc audio algorithms. You have used tools such as WWise or FMOD Studio
- Good at systems level C++ programming: Pointers, templates, and raw blocks of memory are tools to write high-performance code, not your enemies
- Versed in performance engineering: Deep experience in writing well-performing C++ code that gets the most out of the available hardware
- A master of balancing: Demonstrated ability to balance requirements from various teams including product, hardware and technology as well as the game creators themselves
- Curious and flexible: You delight in tackling challenges created by the ever-changing user-created games landscape
- Organized: Able to drive multiple parallel complex projects to successful completion
- Platform oriented: Capable of delivering long-term value and recognizing short-term solutions for what they are
- Experienced in multiple platforms including mobile, desktop, console, and VR
- Lead a team of talented audio software engineers in the charge to make the Roblox game audio engine the world’s best tool for rapidly designing complex and expressive soundscapes for games
- Collaborate with technical architects to define the right steps to best move the platform forward
- Get to know the team and effectively assign tasks and grow team members according to the strengths of each contributor
- Translate needs from the Roblox business into an implementation roadmap for engine support and clearly report on progress and deliveries
- Write your own code in addition to helping others do the same
- Formulate a strong vision for the future and ensure that it gets done
- Working on unique projects that are seen - and enjoyed - by millions of active Roblox users every day
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rockstar status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination