Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As an Audio Software Engineer, you will make the Roblox soundscape the best it can be. You will build and support a plan to maximize the creativity of user-generated games and apply industry-leading algorithms and methods to envelop the player in something that's amazing, no matter whether the target platform is mobile, desktop, console or VR. If you want to leapfrog the state-of-the-art in game audio engines and help lead the team that provides interactive audio for the next ten years, you'll be right at home within our accomplished and growing Game Engine team.
- Experienced in immersive interactive audio: You have worked with interactive and physically based audio, generally in a gaming environment
- Fluent in signal processing: You understand digital signal processing, human hearing, physical modeling, and ad-hoc audio algorithms
- Good at systems level C++ programming: Pointers, templates, and raw blocks of memory are tools to write code, not your enemies
- Experienced working with partners: to complete projects that keep working once they're done
- Engine/platform oriented: You might have helped develop a game engine from scratch, or done other similar projects
- Resource minded: You have probably worked on alternate and constrained platforms like consoles or mobile devices
- Develop engine code that generates audio for all user-created games on the Roblox platform
- Create easy to use yet powerful tools for sound design
- Select the right balance of algorithms to achieve the best outcome for each use case
- Carry the torch for the future of audio in user-generated games
- Improve audio implementations to conserve battery on mobile phones while being amazingly realistic on high-end platforms
- Find out how Roblox is special and how you can harness that to build audio environments using industry-leading techniques across all platforms
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar