Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Senior Software Engineer for Video Playback on the Roblox game engine team you will work on our state-of-the-art game engine building video streaming features across all of Roblox. No matter the platform, be it mobile or desktop or VR or consoles, you will help our users to share and stream creative achievements with the Roblox community using industry-leading algorithms and cutting-edge technology.
- Experienced: you have at least 5 years of experience in areas like video playback or video conferencing systems, and are extremely familiar with C++
- Codec-minded: familiar with streaming protocols such as HLS, DASH, WebRTC and container formats such as MP4, WebM, and FLV
- Systems-level: pointers, templates, and raw blocks of memory are tools to write high-performant code, not your enemies
- Resource-minded: familiar with the challenges of working on constrained platforms like consoles or mobile devices
- Responsible: you build systems that work and keep on working reliably.
- Curious: You want to learn. You stay informed about the latest developments in video streaming and media technologies
- Develop engine code that plays video assets for all user-created games on the Roblox platform
- Help us select the right balance of algorithms to achieve the best outcome for each use case
- Carry the torch for the future of video in user-generated games and experiences
- Improve video decoding and playback implementations to conserve battery on mobile phones while maintaining amazingly quality on high-end platforms
- Carefully adapt bitrates and resolutions to optimize video performance in adverse and changing network conditions
- Explore machine learning for video content analysis applications
- Find out how Roblox is special and how you can harness that to build environments using industry-leading techniques across all platforms
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar