Senior Software Engineer, Avatar Reference & Experience
San Mateo, CA
Avatar Jobs All Jobs
Roblox’s imagination platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Powered by a growing global community of millions of creators, Roblox enables anyone to build, publish, and monetize their creations.
ComScore ranks Roblox as one of the top digital properties in the US for kids under the age of 18 and has been named One of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the Inc. 5000 for two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Avatar Reference & Experience team, you will leverage the Roblox game engine to build experiences that push the boundaries of our avatar technology, and build innovative applications that make Roblox avatars simple & delightful to use. You will play a major role in improving Roblox for tens of millions of monthly players and developers.
We are looking for engineers passionate about building world class user experiences from both usability and performance perspectives. You need to be proficient in C++, data structures, algorithms, and networking. You’ll be working with Avatar technologies such as animation, clothing, hair, and shading. Experience with Lua is desired but not required, as is experience in game development. Experience with game or film development is especially interesting, particularly mobile and/or console gameplay.
- 5+ years of professional experience working on a consumer-facing game/application
- Proficient in C++
- Proficient in 3D Math
- Able to write high quality, performant code
- Excited about building highly polished User Experiences
- Self-sufficient, self-organized, and able to take ownership of a project throughout its full lifecycle
Nice to Have:
- Experience working on character building / customization systems, editors, and/or content creation tools
- Experience building online console and/or mobile game titles
- Shipped a high quality mobile application (iOS, Android)
- Experience with Lua
- Experience building games with Roblox Studio
- Experience with game or film character systems such as animation, rigid-body or cloth/hair physics, or shading
- Implement groundbreaking features in Roblox Avatar Editors in order to build the best avatar system in the world
- Use the Roblox game engine to build world-class vertical applications for multiple platforms (mobile, tablet, PC, console)
- Refactor and improve our existing code base
- Improve system reliability, performance, and test coverage
- Collaborate with numerous internal teams to help build the world’s best user generated gaming platform
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.