Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Principal Software Engineer on the Avatar Reference & Experience team, you will use the Roblox game engine to build experiences that push the boundaries of our avatar technology, and build creative applications that make Roblox avatars simple and delightful to use. You will tackle the biggest projects, provide technical leadership, and coordinate with teams across Roblox to build systems used by tens of millions of monthly players and developers.
You are passionate about building outstanding user experiences from both usability and performance perspectives. You'll work with Avatar technologies such as animation, clothing, hair, and shading. Experience in game or film development is especially translatable into this team and role.
- Proficient in C++, 3D math, data structures, algorithms, and networking
- Experienced in technical leadership on large projects with multiple dependent teams
- 10+ years of professional experience working on consumer-facing games or applications
- Experience working on character building / customization systems, editors, or content creation tools
- Experience building online console or mobile game titles
- Experience with Lua
- Experience with game or film character systems such as animation, rigid-body or cloth/hair physics, or shading
- Provide technical leadership on large projects with complex multi-team dependencies
- Implement groundbreaking features in Roblox Avatar Editors to build the best avatar system in the world
- Use the Roblox game engine to build outstanding vertical applications for multiple platforms (mobile, tablet, PC, and console)
- Write high-quality, performant code
- Refactor and improve our existing codebase
- Improve system reliability, performance, and test coverage
- Work with numerous teams to help build the world's best user generated gaming platform
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar