Senior Manager, Moderation Core Functions
San Mateo, CA
Trust and Safety (GA) Jobs All Jobs
Senior Director, Moderation Core Functions
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2019 & 2020, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
With millions of creators worldwide, Roblox is creating the future of play. Fundamental to that future are the powerful creation tools that enable our developers to create amazing, transformational 3D experiences. We see the future of creation happening completely in the cloud with integrated collaboration and content sharing/reuse forming the foundation. Our Studio product, and the extensive platform APIs we provide, have enabled a community of millions of developers to create compelling content, and we’re building from that starting point.
About This Opportunity
As the Senior Manager of Moderation Core Functions, you will be playing a critical role in keeping our community and our platform safe. You will be responsible for understanding and enforcing our Community Rules and other policies regarding Developer and User activity on our platform. The ideal candidate will be able to lead geographically and functionally diverse teams through challenging circumstances. You should be passionate about our mission, the community we serve, and the safety issues we need to address.
- Detail-oriented, with exceptional communication, planning and organizational skills
- A proactive self-starter, with the ability to identify what needs to be done and the drive to get stuff done
- An experienced manager of teams with 5+ years of experience where >30 leaders/individual contributors reported to you
- An excellent communicator with expert listening skills and the ability to synthesize information, identify trends, and develop an action plan to address issues
- Flexible and though not often, you are available “on-call” for any issues that may arise at night, on weekends, and holidays
- A strong decision maker with keen analytical skills and the ability to prioritize multiple parallel efforts
- Support the larger Trust & Safety team by leading functional experts and their teams
- Direct the 24x7 operations of a large US and international team
- Draft and maintain procedural documentation
- Evaluate processes and craft recommendations to improve efficiency
- Wear a strategic hat to solve potential problems and stay one step ahead of roadblocks
- Manage, mentor, and develop a large team of Roblox Moderation agents and staff
- Working on unique projects that are seen - and enjoyed - by millions of active Roblox users every day
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks (Nom nom nom.)
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rockstar status with our community (No autographs, please.)