The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
As an engineering manager of the Microservice Platform Team, you will be responsible for our internal Developer Experience and tooling. With hundreds of thousands of containers spawned across public and private cloud, our goal is to provide solutions to ship and operate software, fast and reliably, at Roblox scale. While designing the foundation of our Distributed Systems and Infrastructure, we leverage Cloud Native technologies that support the company's ambitious goals. With millions of concurrent players around the globe, and hundreds of millions of monthly active users, we face unparalleled challenges that only a handful of companies do.
This is an opportunity for you to challenge your engineering talents by building something new and important, sharing expertise, adopting innovations contributed by other engineering teams, and defining standards and evangelizing them across internal teams and the broader Roblox developer community.
You will be joining a passionate and collaborative team that owns multiple widely used core technologies, including our microservices framework, code generation tools, code analysis tools, and more.
- A leader with a proven track record of strong people management skills and an ability to hire and grow a talented team of engineers
- Passionate about developer experience
- Able to contribute to architecture and implementation discussions across platforms
- Experienced, with 4+ years in an engineering management role and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical field
- Effective at driving projects and comfortable getting your hands dirty when needed
- Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, modular, and monitored code
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills and follow-through
- Organized and analytical with the ability to track numerous separate threads to their appropriate resolution
- Data-driven with an ability to deliver quality metrics and monitoring
- Own and deliver complex technical projects from the planning stage through execution
- Provide guidance on architecture and design, and define processes for launching products and features
- Provide mentoring to both junior and senior engineers in their progress on business and personal career goals
- Develop and track key metrics for quality and team performance, drive their improvement over time, and communicate their status