Director, Internal Communications
San Mateo, CA
Marketing and Communications Jobs All Jobs
Director, Internal Communications
Roblox’s mission is to bring the world together through play. Every month, our global community spends over 3B hours on our platform exploring millions of immersive digital experiences. We believe in building a safe, civil, and diverse community—one that inspires and fosters creativity and positive relationships between people around the world.
In 2020, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role and be part of the meteoric success of Roblox. We want team members who believe in the power of play and take it seriously, but aren’t afraid to have fun while they’re doing it. Are you ready to take Roblox – and your career – to the next level?
Much like our platform, the possibilities at Roblox are limitless. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the ongoing success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. If that someone is you, let’s talk.
About the role
Roblox is seeking an experienced a Director of Internal Communications to join our growing communications team. This leader will work with the Executive Leadership Team and other internal stakeholders to develop an employee communication strategy and corporate narrative that amplifies the company vision, strategy and marketing initiatives internally within our organization. This person will be responsible for supporting Human Resources and the needs of other senior leaders inside Roblox, including our CEO, to develop and implement communications programs, inclusive of executive communications.
We’re looking for a relationship builder who is proficient at storytelling, understands brand and financial communications and can come up with creative and innovative ideas to inform, motivate, delight and engage employees through multiple channels: content, events and employee technologies like company Intranets, Slack and other social communications tools. We’re looking for an excellent writer and experienced executive communicator; someone who is highly strategic about messaging plus the frequency and methods of message distribution. The individual must be goal-oriented and a great collaborator, a teammate to others at all levels, across the company. Someone who thinks globally and has the capacity to build a best-in-class internal communications team. Someone who also understands how strategic internal communications can drive both organizational needs and grow a positive culture.
If that person is you, then apply now!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Connect, inform and inspire employees at every level to the company’s mission, strategic priorities and values
- Work closely with the Executive Leadership Team to align on our strategy, goals, and priorities and develop and disseminate their important messages to employees
- Work with HR, marketing and leadership to understand internal communications needs and current information gaps, then build a program which solves for these
- Design structure and develop an editorial calendar of internal messages that will be pushed through a variety of communication mediums such as email, face-to-face, videos, events, office signage, etc.
- Lead a review and governance process to improve channel content quality and its impact on employees
- Own strategy and results for keeping employees informed on important organizational news and updates in a timely, relevant, and engaging manner
- Provide strategic, direct hands-on support to key senior executives at Roblox, inclusive of supporting events and written communications
- Partner closely with Comms, Investor Relations & People team on companywide communications, including situations of crisis, change management, milestones, key initiatives and rollouts, and much more
- Proactively identify new opportunities and develop new programs to continually up level our internal communications program, inclusive of celebrating external accolades, major product launches, highlighting employee/team achievements
- Oversight and management of content across information systems, including the company intranet, inclusive of:
- Owning submission templates, layout, style and format for all pages on intranet to ensure consistency, voice, and representation of brand
- Responsible for intranet auditing and refreshing stale and out-of-date content using automation as much as possible
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 10+ years of experience developing strategy and execution in an internal and executive communications role
- Focus on employee engagement or employee experience preferred
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to craft and deliver presentations to large and small groups; deep understanding of grammar, strong attention to detail and fine-tuned editorial skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify emerging trends in communications, develop related strategies and effectively translate them into actionable plans
- Proven success building and implementing programs that inform and delight team members
- Thrives in highly fluid situations and fast-paced environments
- Self-starter, independently motivated, leads oneself and others
- Experience tailoring communications to distributed offices
- Experience interfacing and working with executives
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Comfortable with (or desire to learn) basic video and visual content creation / editing tools; familiarity with other internal communications tools and platforms, e.g. intranet services, events and survey tools, technologies like Slack, etc.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination