Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
We are honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work® since 2018. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As an Engineering Manager on the Avatar Platform pod, you will be responsible for all backend systems that support customization of user avatars and identities on Roblox platform. Users can choose from millions of virtual items and animations from the avatar shop to equip on their avatars, accurately tracking those changes and enabling high performance avatar loads for game joins are part of this team’s responsibilities. With daily active users growing at a new record rate, we are looking for a leader with a strong technical background in solving scalability and reliability challenges of critical backend systems. You will hire, grow, manage the team, provide technical guidance, and work closely with product managers to define roadmaps.
- Have strong people management skills and in-depth technical knowledge regarding backend system that could handle large number of concurrent users
- Have managed teams to deliver complex projects that involved cross functional engineering efforts
- Have proven track record of hiring and growing an motivated and efficient engineering team
- Able to contribute to system architecture and design decisions, and comfortable getting your hands dirty when needed
- Have excellent communication skills and know how to work with product managers on multiple projects concurrently
- A experienced engineering manager with 8+ years of work experience including 2+ years of management experience
- A Computer-Science graduate or MS graduate
- Experience in .NET, Go, Java, C++
- Someone constantly thinking about the bigger picture in terms of areas for improvement, potential bottlenecks and engineering best practices
- Game experience a plus