Technical Program Manager - Third Party Cloud
San Mateo, CA
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, 2019 and 2020, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today - distributed systems, real-time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Technical Program Manager for Third Party Cloud, you will work cross-functionally to build technical programs for Roblox development and users' increasing needs. You will help expand Roblox footprint while holding all teams accountable in improving efficiency, reliability, and performance. You will have the unique opportunity to be an early part of our team building out a global infrastructure. This is a full-time position based at our headquarter in San Mateo.
- An infrastructure program leader with strong engineering background and 3+ years experiences in building large scale systems
- A domain expert in cloud infrastructure and/or software engineering
- Experienced with establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and demonstrated critical thinking
- Experienced with identifying critical technical problems and opportunities
- Data driven strategic thinker who is capable of conveying ideas through detailed specs
- Experienced with delivering end to end technical programs through effective roadmapping and reliable execution
- Able to turn specific solutions into systems that benefit larger community in the long run
- Able to work effectively in a fast pace environment with competing resources and priorities
- Knowledgeable about user needs, scoping, planning, execution and delivery
- An outstanding communicator both technical and program
- A self starter with high degree of self direction and independent drive
- Build Third Party Cloud program for Roblox development and user needs
- Define problem space, collect user requirements and drive engineering teams to plan and ship large scale systems
- Balance efficiency, performance, and priorities based on impact to the community and company's long-term goals
- Align senior leadership and key stakeholders around program roadmap
- Manage cross-functional programs end to end, focusing on what is best for long-term success
- Unblock teams and enable them to stay true to top priorities
- Enable engineering teams to reliably manage all project phases
- Effectively use data driven approach to inform teams' direction
- Manage dependencies across teams and components
- Own measurement of success of programs
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination