Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
Since 2018, we have been honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
We are looking for a Privacy Counsel. Reporting to the Associate General Counsel, you work on privacy issues for a rapidly growing company that innovates at each step of the way.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide privacy and data security subject-matter expertise and guidance to Trust and Safety, InfoSec, product and engineering teams.
- Evaluate data protection terms in contracts, marketing materials, and Roblox policies.
- Draft external privacy notices and disclosures and manage/update internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance with global laws bearing on privacy and cybersecurity.
- Counsel on matters relating to user and employee data practices.
- Support regulatory investigations and responses.
- Advise on internal processes around data privacy and security.
- Monitor, research, and evaluate federal, and state legislation, regulatory developments and other risk factors that can affect Roblox's business and operations.
- Remain up-to-date on relevant privacy and data security laws and regulations and evolving industry standards to provide an ongoing ability to provide sound compliance advice.
- Tackle any incoming questions to the legal team that you are interested in!
What you need to be successful:
- 3-5 years of privacy law experience.
- A working knowledge of COPPA, GDPR, CCPA, as well as international privacy and data protection laws.
- A background in consumer and advertising and marketing compliance issues would be a strong plus.
- Strong academic credentials and training at a major national law firm; in-house experience a plus.
- Active membership in at least one U.S. state bar; California Bar admission preferred.
- Excellent business-oriented judgment and the ability to analyze problems, propose resolutions, and provide advice that is creative, practical and legally acceptable, taking into account the needs and objectives of the business.
- Ability to work well with a small, tightly knit team and desire to seek responsibility and work autonomously. Must be able to manage a diverse and complex workload while maintaining priorities and proactively anticipating issues, particularly in a fast-paced corporate setting.
- A sound work ethic, efficient working style, and high level of organization. Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- Sense of humor and high level of professionalism.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- A rewarding 401k program.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar.