Roblox’s platform now represents the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Today, Roblox supports over 70 million active users each month and has powered over 900 million hours monthly. With millions of creators worldwide, Roblox is changing the way content is created, consumed, distributed and monetized.
Using a cloud based platform to host user-generated experiences, Roblox features physically-simulated, three-dimensional, destructible environments created by users for users. The user-generated content is hosted and published on Roblox’s platform which has enabled over 40 million games/experiences and a social network that connects 2M+ simultaneous users who are interacting in 3D immersive experiences.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
As a Senior Accountant in the Accounting Team, you will play an integral role in our monthly financial close process. You will assist in researching technical accounting guidance and conclude on accounting topics. In addition, you will have the opportunity to help develop efficient and scalable processes. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of work experience which includes accounting operations, month-end close, and managing complex projects.
- Experienced with minimum of 3+ years of relevant experience and have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or related degree (CPA a plus)
- Driven with the ability to understand issues, demonstrate resourcefulness and proactively resolve problems and manage multiple projects in a timely manner.
- Outside the box thinker that can work independently with general supervision, be a team player, and willing to contribute beyond the defined role to meet business needs as circumstances require.
- Crazy about Accounting, you love to learn about new accounting pronouncements and research accounting topics. You are a critical thinker that can identify process improvements and efficiencies.
- Own various aspects of the monthly financial close process, which includes recording and reviewing journal entries, preparing and reviewing account reconciliations and researching fluxes.
- Research various accounting topics and be involved with implementation projects regarding new accounting guidance
- Coordinate audit and tax requests including preparation of supporting reports and documentation.
- Collaborate with FP&A and other cross-functional teams to gather data, improve processes, and support business needs
- Assist with accounting integration activities, which includes implementing a variety of finance and accounting related software solutions.
- Participate in documentation and roll-out of new SOX compliant processes.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination