Roblox is looking to push the boundaries of our engine and tools, well beyond what you currently see today on the Roblox platform. To that end, we want to create fully realized, large scale, beautiful looking showcases.
As 3D Generalist for the Visual-Technical Showcase Team (Vistech), you will work with a team of talented artists and engineers to help manage the production of reference content. As part of this, you will help create environment assets, assist with character needs, and handle content from our outsource vendors. You will work with other incredible artists and engineers in realizing these visual showcases. You will also have opportunities to highlight opportunities in the engine, and ways we can make the platform faster and more powerful for our end users.
- A 3D Production Generalist with a BFA or equivalent and 3+ years of experience in the game industry
- Proficient with modeling within common 3D applications (Maya, Max, Blender is a plus) and industry standards for the character production pipeline in games
- A leader with experience in providing and communicating vision and critiques to contractors involved in asset production
- Accurate and precise with complex instructions, but also able to identify opportunities for improvement and efficiency in production
- Game industry animation experience is definitely a plus
- Knowledgeable of various industry standard engines (Unreal, Unity, etc), experience with proprietary engines is a plus.
- Work with Art and Engineering leads to provide appropriate reference content, either internally or partnering with our existing vendors
- Push the limits of the current state of our engine and help expose points of improvement
- Help manage assets from our contract artists and import and prepare characters for release to our users
- Provide guidance to contractors and art houses to produce the models we need
- Communicating with engineering staff to help improve our current pipeline
- Assist with RnD projects within the Reference team related to everything from new rendering methods, multishader support, texture composite systems to animation systems
Roblox’s platform now represents the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Today, Roblox supports over 70 million active users each month and has powered over 900 million hours monthly. With millions of creators worldwide, Roblox is changing the way content is created, consumed, distributed and monetized.
Using a cloud based platform to host user-generated experiences, Roblox features physically-simulated, three-dimensional, destructible environments created by users for users. The user-generated content is hosted and published on Roblox’s platform which has enabled over 40 million games/experiences and a social network that connects 2M+ simultaneous users who are interacting in 3D immersive experiences.
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2019 and 2020, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar