Roblox’s mission is to bring the world together through play. Every month, more than 115 million people around the world have fun with friends as they explore millions of immersive digital experiences. We believe in building a safe, civil, and diverse community—one that inspires and fosters creativity and positive relationships between people around the world.
We are committed to building the next generation of entertainment—allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in an endless array of user-generated worlds. All of these experiences are built by the Roblox community, made up of over two million creators.
We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role and contribute to the meteoric success of Roblox. We want team members who believe in the power of play and take it seriously, but aren’t afraid to have fun while they’re doing it. Are you ready to take Roblox – and your career – to the next level?
The People Team at Roblox focuses on creating a sustained competitive advantage by evolving what we do in the people space (culture, leadership practices, organization, programs, etc.) into a thoughtful, integrated, low-friction “people operating system”. We want to inspire people at Roblox to confidently take on challenging problems and allow them to push the envelope while providing what is needed to accelerate their development.
We take a strong quantitative and analytical stance on building and optimizing this operating system. The Compensation Manager will join our Total Rewards team and will be instrumental in making that vision a reality. The role will partner with a group of senior leaders and their organizations supporting and evolving Roblox’s unique approach to compensation, leadership and culture.
- Partner with our HRBPs to influence business leaders in compensation strategy, programs and issues while balancing business acumen, reward expertise and relationship skills
- Drive identification, assessment and execution of ongoing compensation process improvement
- Work with cross-functional teams and leadership to understand business goals and recommend/implement innovative approaches, policies and processes to effect continual improvements in compensation programs
- Assess the effectiveness of our compensation strategy for our engineering and product organizations, while optimizing for employee experience
- Consult on the design and administration of global programs, processes, market analysis, annual budget planning and focal review
- Develop, implement, and manage base, variable, and equity compensation programs
- Partner with leadership on cost impacts relating to location strategy and cash and equity programs across all organizations
What You Need to Be Successful:
- A strong background in Compensation, Mathematics, Finance, Statistics or Economics
- Previous experience working with both broad based and executive compensation
- You have good analytical and quantitative skills, are comfortable using data and analytics to solve problems or substantiate your suggestions. Some statistics say standard deviations, correlations, etc. is an advantage
- Demonstrated experience of attention to detail, diligence, conscientiousness
- Demonstrated experience working with high-level individual contributors and managers across multiple functions
- Strong planning, project management, organizational and communication skills
- Proven track record to adapt and work effectively in a matrix organization
- Consulting experience
- Advanced modeling skills
- You are a team player, low-ego and highly collaborative. You get energized by engaging with people, helping them grow and see them thrive.
- Emotional intelligence, ability to work well in a fast-paced, iterative environment, open to changes in focus and direction.
- You can quickly establish rapport with different personalities and build and refine trusting and open partnerships with leaders and people across an organization.
- You are able to credibly consult (listen, understand, influence) with people at all levels (including senior leadership) in a quantitative, no-BS environment
- You are a strongly structured problem solver. If you like to conceptualize problem spaces as systems and are a “model thinker” that’ll be an advantage
- Broad knowledge and hands-on experience with organizational design and development is a plus.
- Experience with leadership effectiveness, dynamics of the leadership team and coaching leaders is a plus.
- Good understanding of fundamental business and financial concepts and a history of effectively collaborating with Finance teams, Legal and Compensation Committee (of the Board).
A rewarding 401k program
Flexible vacation policy
Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully-stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
Annual CalTrain Go Pass
A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination
Carrot – Fertility
Ginger Mental Health