Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2021, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
WHY DATA SCIENCE & ANALYTICS?
The Data Science & Analytics organization’s mission is to increase our speed, frequency and acumen of making decisions at scale by instilling a data-influenced approach to building products. We cover a wide area of the data spectrum including analytical data engineering, product analytics, experimentation, causal inference, statistical modeling and machine learning. Aligned and partnering with product verticals, we use this extensive tool belt to discover new opportunities and unmet use cases, influence and shape the product roadmap and prioritization, build data products and measure impact on our community of players and developers.
The Avatar team is missioned to power limitless player identity, expression and behavior in real-time. As the first Data Scientist, you will be a key participant in helping our product and engineering teams shape the future vision of Roblox. You’ll partner with data scientists, product managers, engineers and leaders across the company to better understand our players and builders, performing ad hoc analysis, creating dashboards, defining KPIs, applying models and designing A/B experiments.
- Passionate about data. You have the curiosity and self-drive to continuously learn new techniques and tools to extract value from data. You have a degree in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or other relevant field.
- A strong communicator. You understand that analysis must be presented in meaningful ways and engage in spirited discussions about the findings. You have the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences and discuss appropriate tradeoffs.
- A capable statistician. You understand the value of characterizing data by its distribution. Covariance, Bias, and Conditional Probability are concepts that you rely on every day.
- An expert transforming data with SQL and a scripting language such as Python or R. You’re experienced in automating efforts and crunching massive volumes of data using big data frameworks such as Spark, Hadoop or Flink.
- Experienced in developing models to draw insights from data. You use regression techniques, data mining, and statistical techniques to create new, scalable solutions to solve difficult business problems. You understand when to apply the appropriate methodology to maximize impact in a pragmatic fashion.
- Understand how customization of avatars play a role in self-identity, expression and behavior.
- Understand how developers integrate custom avatars to build deeper engaging and immersive experiences.
- Accelerate product development through your understanding of the underlying data and your ability to partner with product and technical leaders to provide insights that drive growth.
- Access raw data, and then transform it, analyze it, and render it in a compelling way--all using a custom analytics tool kit built from state-of-the-art open-source libraries.
- Build dashboards to understand root causes to changes in metrics.
- Evaluate A/B experiments to determine success of product feature launches.
- Influence how Roblox interacts with its players and its platform developers.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.