Manager, Equity Administration and Corporate Paralegal
San Mateo, CA
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018 and 2019, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
We are looking for a Manager – Equity Administration and Corporate Paralegal. Reporting to the Associate General Counsel, Corporate & Securities, you will be responsible for providing high-level legal support to the corporate legal team and have the day-to-day responsibility for the company’s equity programs. The position coordinates and completes time-sensitive and confidential work in a broad range of areas, including corporate governance, public company / SEC / NYSE requirements, and equity plan design and administration. While remote initially, you will be based in our San Mateo headquarters.
What You’ll Do:
- Coordinate and support the Board of Directors and Board committee meetings, including preparation and distribution of board materials and maintaining related corporate records.
- Compile and maintain minute books and comprehensive corporate documents for the company, as well as preparation of consents and filings.
- Ensure compliance with Section 16 reporting, including drafting and filing Forms 3, 4 and 5 and performing detailed compliance reviews of Forms 3 and Forms 4.
- Assist brokers with Section 16 stock matters.
- Maintain stock ownership records for Section 16 directors and officers.
- In coordination with Morgan Stanley financial advisors, review and counsel on 10b5-1 trading plans.
- Coordinate and manage the relationship with the transfer agent.
- Administer all equity transactions, including processing stock option exercises, restricted stock unit release, restricted stock releases, granting of new equity awards, and the semi-annual ESPP program, tax withholdings, expirations, cancellations, repurchases, terminations and other plan-related actions and coaching of team members on these activities.
- Develop equity education materials and other employee communications and assist with the delivery of employee education programs.
- Implement and improve processes for day-to-day operations related to stock administration.
- Generate reports as needed for an audit, tax, and legal filings (including all aspects of financial reporting as it relates to equity plans, i.e. 10-Q, 10-K, and 14A filings).
- Coordinate and provide adequate information and timely responses related to equity transactions with finance, HR, and legal departments to ensure effective transaction processing.
- Communicate with employees and resolve questions, issues, or concerns as related to Roblox’s equity-based compensation programs.
- Maintain supporting workbooks, perform routine audits and prepare accurate reports as needed for an audit, tax and legal filings.
- Partner regularly with internal team members and external consultants to ensure compliance, tax reporting and regulatory requirements are maintained for all stock plans.
- Ensure documentation is in place for internal and external audits as well as Sarbanes Oxley testing and compliance.
What you need to be successful:
- Bachelors’ degree with excellent academic credentials.
- Minimum of 8+ years experience as a corporate paralegal and/or equity administration, ideally with experience at both a major law firm and in-house at a public company.
- Experience in the areas of securities law, Section 16, corporate governance, and equity compensation.
- Experience with Board Portals (BoardVantage or Diligent preferred).
- Experience with equity administration systems (e.g. Shareworks, and Carta preferred).
- Some exposure to, and understanding of accounting standards relating to equity compensation.
- Excellent analytical capabilities, organizational skills, and dedication to getting the details just right.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Keen attention to detail and an extreme standard for accuracy.
- Ability to handle confidential matters with discretion.
- High touch employee service orientation.
- A sound work ethic, efficient working style, and high level of organization. Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- Flexibility and intellectual curiosity; strong desire to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team orientation; ability to work cross-functionally at all levels of the organization.
- Sense of humor and high level of professionalism.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination