Engineering Manager - Big Data Infrastructure Team
San Mateo, CA
Data Infrastructure Jobs All Jobs
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
For three years running, we have been honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As an Engineering Manager - Big Data Infrastructure, you will be responsible for designing, deploying and managing large scale Big Data core components for Roblox, from Hadoop ecosystem (Hadoop, Spark, Airflow)and large scale Data Ingestion Pipeline, to the real time platform on top of Apache Beam and Flink. The Big Data Infrastructure team maintains the base tooling that powers all Roblox Analytics requirements and handles 100+ Billion events per day for internal employees and Roblox Creators. The team provides the infrastructure, core micro-services and self-service tools to empower Roblox employees to collect, store and analyze Platform related data, as well as custom events from our developers. This position is to scale our distributed Analytics & ML infrastructure to deliver our vision of self-service Data Platform for Analytics & ML use cases supporting internal users and game developers.
- Experienced Engineering Manager, with at least 12+ years of managerial experience managing technical teams.
- A leader with a proven track record of strong people management skills and an ability to hire and grow a talented team of engineers.
- Able to contribute to architecture and implementation discussions across large distributed systems (Flink, Data Ingestion, Analytics at scale, etc.)
- Passionate about working on a large scale Big Data platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical field.
- Effective at driving projects and comfortable getting your hands dirty when needed.
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills and follow-through.
- Organized and analytical with the ability to track numerous separate threads to their appropriate resolution.
- Data-driven with an ability to deliver quality metrics and monitoring.
- Own and deliver complex technical projects from the planning stage through execution.
- Provide guidance on architecture and design, and define processes for launching products and features.
- Provide mentoring to both junior and senior engineers in their progress on business and personal career goals.
- Develop and track key metrics for quality and team performance, drive improvement.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rockstar status with our community
Roblox - Powering Imagination