Technical Program Manager - Roblox China (Luobu) Infrastructure
San Mateo, CA
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, 2019 and 2020, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today - distributed systems, real-time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
Roblox China (aka "Luobu") brings Roblox into China in partnership with Tencent. In this role, you will help build internal systems, reliability and technical programs to ensure Luobu can scale.
- A technical program professional with strong engineering background
- A domain expert with 5+ years of software engineering, systems engineering and/or technical program/product management experiences
- Experienced with establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary and cross-geo teams and demonstrated critical thinking
- Experienced with delivering end-to-end technical programs
- Able to work effectively in a fast pace environment with competing resources and priorities
- Knowledgeable about user needs, scoping, planning, execution and delivery
- An outstanding communicator at both technical and program levels
- A problem solver who developed relationships with partner teams
- A self starter with a high degree of self direction and independent drive
- Fluent in both English and Mandarin
- Define large programs, collect user requirements and drive engineering teams to plan and ship large scale systems
- Manage cross-functional, cross-company programs end-to-end
- Align senior leadership and key stakeholders around program roadmap
- Prioritize projects based on impact to customers of Roblox China with data-driven approaches
- Unblock teams and enable them to stay focused on top priorities
- Manage dependencies between teams and components
- Own measurement of success of programs
Roblox – Powering Imagination