Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As a Senior Backend Engineer with the Studio Internationalization Team, you’ll have the independence, opportunity, and the end-to-end responsibility for challenging, complex, mission critical services within the Roblox ecosystem.
The Studio Internationalization Team empowers Studio to be the best development tool for creating 3D social experiences, enabling our creators to publish compelling content within the Roblox ecosystem – especially our Chinese creators. On top of ensuring core reliability and performance, this includes building out industry-standard and best-in-class experiences that our Chinese developers would expect from an IDE.
- An outstanding software engineer with 5+ years shipping high complexity code
- Experienced at supporting mission critical applications at scale
- Proficient in C#, C++, Java, Go or another programming language
- Understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases at scale
- Ideally, an effective communicator in both Chinese (Mandarin, though not required) and English
- Have the independence, opportunity and the end-to-end responsibility to design, build, test and deploy services within the Roblox ecosystem.
- Design systems and services that are highly scalable and resilient.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar